IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Our client is undergoing a major technology transformation & transitioning/adopting a “Cloud First” for all new Solutions as part of their eCommerce strategy in delivering Government services; enhanced range of financial services and retail operations. The team is critical to building the technology and data capability that underpins these core services. This is a dynamic, diverse and rapidly evolving IT environment and as such, highly skilled individuals are required to manage complex Project initiatives that span one or multiple strategic priorities / functional areas.
As a Project Manager, you will be delegated by the relevant Project Steering Group to manage a Project or Projects on a day-to-day basis, within agreed constraints of Time, Cost, Quality and Scope. You will be responsible for the management of the full end-to-end delivery of the project from definition through to execution and closure. The resulting products and/or services must be capable of achieving the benefits as defined in the Business Case
- Use best practice governance methodology to manage and deliver project initiatives (Waterfall & Agile).
- Contribute to creation of business cases, project charters, proposals, quotes, estimates and project budgets
- Ensure the required resources are identified and available to the project in conjunction with PMO.
- Provide clear and concise status reporting regarding project planning, project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, and budgets
- Prepare and issue status reports (including Weekly Update Reports, Steering Reports, Closure Reports etc.) on agreed schedules to the Steering Group and PMO
- Accept full project lifecycle ownership across assigned projects / programs
- Monitor, track and control risks, issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables and provide appropriate mitigations as required
- Manage stakeholder involvement throughout the project to ensure success
- Provide leadership in promoting collaboration and communication across teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Min 8 years proven experience managing complex IT Cloud-based projects in a Financial Services organisation/environment.
- Proven track-record of delivering projects across different streams including IT (Primary); Business Operations/Distribution Channels; Technical Support Services etc, on time/budget in accordance with pre-agreed quality metrics.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project sizes, including internal and external resources
- Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills across all levels with ability to influence
- Strong project financial management skills with a solid understanding of the tech-stack & architecture requirements to deliver optimum solutions into a web/mobile/cloud based environment.
Education, Professional Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent preferred
- Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. PMI) would be an advantage
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.