Staff Data Solutions Architect
Staff Data Solutions Architect
Permanent ¦¦ Hybrid or Remote¦¦ Limerick
€110,000 – €140,000
This is a huge opportunity to provide technical leadership and have ownership over the technical landscape within an award winning organisation. The successful candidate will have an unrivalled level of autonomy to shape and drive the platform based on their expertise.
Our Multinational Client is currently seeking a Staff Data Solutions Architect for a Technical Leadership role within their organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing technology solutions that support internal business operations and customer-facing data solutions.
The individual in this role will oversee technical aspects of data solutions and the data governance strategy to ensure that data policies and procedures align with the company’s overall data strategy. They will also own the Data Lakehouse platform, identifying and implementing design patterns and technology choices for the creation of solutions that utilize the Lakehouse.
- Design and implement technology solutions for internal business data needs and customer-facing data solutions.
- Collaborate with product managers and product owners to identify client requirements and design solutions that meet their needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that data solutions are aligned with business goals.
- Lead data design and viability research to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of data solutions.
- Design and implement cloud infrastructure to support data solutions, including storage, processing, and security.
- Lead the Data Lakehouse platform evolution, including identifying and implementing design patterns and technology choices.
- Lead technology choices for Data Governance and data democratization.
- Develop and implement data governance policies and procedures. Ensure adherence to data governance policies and procedures across all data solutions.
- Define procedures and processes for managing the management of Data Lakehouse maintenance lifecycle activities.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship and guidance in support of team members and other teams as needed.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends, and make recommendations for the adoption of new tools and techniques.
- Manage technical aspects of projects including architectural deliverables, resource requirements and cost modelling.
- 8+ years in professional software design, development and delivery.
- 5+ years of experience working on public cloud infrastructure, preferably Azure.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and associated technologies, preferably Azure.
- Experience with modern data platforms such as Databricks, Azure Data Services, Snowflake etc.
- Knowledge of data privacy and security regulations, such as GDPR and CCPA.
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and solve complex data-related issues.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.